Quotes (#8)

Happy Monday, lovelies. Lovely day isn't?

(source)

Some quotes this morning?

"He who completes a quest does not merely find something. He becomes something." - Lev Grossman (Kind of reminds me of Eli and Along for the Ride)

"Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Aldous Huxley

"It is easy to live for others, everybody does. I call on you to live for yourself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." - Mark Twain  (Procratinators FTW!)

"Why do I read? I just can't help myself. I read to learn and to grow, to laugh and to be motivated. I read to understand things I've never been exposed to. I read when I'm crabby, when I've just said monumentally dumb things to the people I love. I read for strength to help me when I feel broken, discouraged, and afraid. I read when I'm angry at the whole world. I read when everything is going right. I read to find hope. I read because I'm made up of not just of skin and bone, of sights, feelings, and deep need for chocolate, but I'm also made up of words. Words describe my thoughts and what's hidden in my heart. Words are alive -when I've found a story that I love, I read it again and again, like playing a favorite song over and over. Reading isn't passive - I enter the story with characters, breathe their air, feel their frustration, scream at them to stop when they're about to do something stupid, cry with them, laugh with them. Reading for me, is spending time with a friend. A book is a friend. You can never have too many." - Gary Paulsen, Shelf Life: Stories by the Book  (Absolutely love this quote. One of my favorites.)

Have a great day lovelies.

descriptionAbout the Blogger
Jenn is a 23 years old, avid reader and who decided to try her luck on blogging. She enjoys reading Young Adults novels with swoony boys and with a twist. When she is not reading, she can be found watching The Big Bang Theory or watching old episodes of Gilmore Girls and Friends. Books and Swoons is her baby.
Follow Jenn on Twitter and Goodreads




Books and Swoons

1 comments :

  1. "It is easy to live for others, everybody does. I call on you to live for yourself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    amazing quote. So is the last one. Those are my reasons to read too. Thanks for sharing, Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...