Quotes (#5)

Morning lovelies,

   
   


Sheldon Cooper for you guys. Always makes me giggle.

How about some quotes this morning to get us going?

"I pout my lower lip for a second, but then I grin as the pieces come together. "That's why you like me!" I exclaim. "Because you're not very nice either! It makes so much more sense now." - Veronica Roth, Insurgent

"Those that mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Bernard Baruch

"Have you kissed many boys before?" he asked quietly.
His question brought my mind back to focus. I raised an eyebrow. "Boys? That's an assumption."
Noah laughed, the sound low and husky. "Girls, then?
"No."
"Not many girls? Or not many boys?"
"Neither," I said. Let him make of that what he would.
"How many?"
"Why-"
"I am taking away that word. You are no longer allowed to use it. How many?"
My cheeks flushed, but my voice was steady as I answered. "One."
At this, Noah leaned in impossibly closer, the slender muscles in his forearm flexing as he bent his elbow to bring himself nearer to me, almost touching. I was heady with the proximity of him and grew legitimately concerned that my heart might explode. Maybe Noah wasn't asking. Maybe I didn't mind. I closed my eyes and felt Noah's five'clock graze my jaw, and the faintest whisper of his lips at my ear.
"He was doing it wrong." - Michelle Hodkin, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

"We stand there for a moment, looking at each other, and in that instant I feel our connection so strongly it's as though it achieves physical existence, become a hand all around us, cupping us together, protecting us. This is what people are always talking about when they talk about god: this feeling, of being held and understood and protected. Feeling this way seems about as close to saying a prayer as you could get..." - Lauren Oliver, Delirium

"Above all, be the heroine of you life, not the victim." - Nora Ephron

That's it for today. Have a great day, swooners!

1 comments :

  1. Well, hello quote from Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Need to read that :D

    I love Sheldon, too. He is so badass!

    And the quote from Delirium is lovely. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...