Review: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Incarnate (Newsoul #1)
By: Jodi Meadows
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Source: Friend's Copy
Reviewer: Nahomi

My rating: 4 stars out of 5 Stars

Summary:
NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies-human and creature alike- let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

       When I started reading Jodi Meadows Incarnate I had no idea what to expect. My friend Daisel had bought it because of its beautiful cover, so I took a chance and decided to read it. I was pleasantly surprised and I fell in love with this story. I was transported to Ana's world! I experienced her confusion, rejection, and the sensation of falling in love for the first time. The premise of the story was really interesting and refreshing. The idea of the same souls reincarnating over and over with the ability to retain their memories from their past lives is cool and disturbing at the same time. Incarnate follows Ana through her journey of self discovery.

The author intricately weaves Ana's past and present to give her readers a more complete picture of what is happening. Jodi Meadows does a fantastic job building the Incarnate world. There are several things I really enjoyed about this novel but my number one has to be the way this book was written. Incarnate is a complete novel, the pacing is just right. There is enough mystery to keep you turning pages and enough of your questions are answered to make it bearable to make it to the next book. Yet there is enough unanswered questions that you want to keep reading to find out what happens next.

I love the main characters Ana and Sam (Dossam). Although, sometimes the age thing can be a little creepy, what with Sam having lived several lifetimes and all. Ana can come off as whiny and defensive at times, but given her past, I can understand where she is coming from. She has this inner strength and even though a lot of people hate her, she pushes on to find the answers to her questions. In the end, I felt that Ana grew and I grew a little with her. Sam *swoons* Just thinking about him gives me the warm and fuzzies in my belly. I am normally a sucker for the bad boys that show their softer side but that is the opposite of Sam. He is just a nice, very sweet, symphony writing, very patient guy, and I'm head over heels for Sam. Having said that, I've added him to my book boyfriend list and he's towards the top.

Bottom line: I really enjoyed reading Incarnate! This is a great book! If you're into fantasy, romance, and mystery, it's a great read.

Until next time
Nahomi

2 comments :

  1. Yo know I am sucker for pretty covers. I am glad you enjoy it as much as I did. Cant wait to read Asunder!
    Check out My Incarnate review
    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must read Asunder I loved it! Stay tuned for the Asunder Review sometime this week.

      Delete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...