Review: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas


Crown of Midnight 
(Throne of Glass #2) 
By: Sarah J. Maas
Expected Release Date: August 27, 2013
Source: BEA 2013
Reviewer: Jenn
An assassin's loyalties are always in doubt. But her heart never wavers.
After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown - a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.
Keeping up the deadly charade - while pretending to do the king's bidding - will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on horizon - forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice.
Where do the assassin's loyalties lie, and who is she the most willing to fight for?
5 stars out of 5 stars

Oh.My.God! This book! This book ruled my life when I was reading it. It just so good and amazing and I can’t wait until everyone read it so we can all gush and squeal about it. Like I’m ready for book 3 and Crown of Midnight has barely even come out.  I feel like I can’t properly talk about this book for fear of spoiling it and because I’m just over the place with it and I just loved it so much I just don’t know how to do it’s justice. So prepared yourself for some ramblings.

For me, Crown of Midnight has to be even better than Throne of Glass. I definitely enjoyed it more and it just blew me away. From start to finish, CoM was a crazy ride. I never knew what to expect and I was surprised at every turn. 

Celaena, again, has to be a character that is just becoming a favorite of mine. Her character growth amazed me. Maas managed to create such a 3 dimensional character in Celaena. She hides so much vulnerability under her hard exterior and even though we’re still learning about her (and boy do we learn something shocking about her) I can’t help but cheer her on. I can’t wait to see what else she does and where her cleverness takes her.

OMG, Chaol. He certainly proved himself to be a good match for Celaena. There were so many times that he had me swooning and I just want to keep him for myself and put him in my pockets. I find him to be the perfect match for Celaena because I think that he really sees her for who she is and doesn’t judge her and thinks that she can stand up for herself. He knows that she can take care of herself but he still wants to help and take care of her.
“Believe me, Celaena, I know you can look after yourself. But I worry because I care. Gods help me, I shouldn’t, but I do. So I will always tell you to be careful, because I will always care what happens.”
More Chaol swoons:
“For you, I’d say that chocolate cake is most definitely a need.”
~B&S~
“There had never been any line between them, only his own stupid fear and pride. Because from the moment he’d pulled her out of that mine in Endovier and she had set those eyes upon him, still fierce despite a year in hell, he’d been walking toward this, walking to her.”
Crown of Midnight was nothing and everything I was expecting. It lived up to my expectations and it I can’t wait until Book 3 comes out. I’m so excited to see what else Sarah J Maas has up her sleeves and what book 3 will bring us. CoM was definitely a sequel that lived up to hype and I can’t for everyone to read. If I could, I would give this book ALL THE STARS. All of them.

2 comments :

  1. I'm looking so forward to this book coming out, I don't think I've seen one negative review. Can't wait! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you would give it all the stars huh?? Lol then I definitely NEED to read this series asap! Great review Jenn :)

    Alexis @Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...