Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: February 5, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Personal Copy
Reviewed by: Jenn
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads / IndieBound

My rating: 5 stars out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her - people with gifts - and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance. 

She's finally free from the The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart - and Adam's life.

        Unravel Me has to be one of my top favorite book of 2013. It was also one of my most highly anticipated book and let me tell you, it was worth the wait. Tahereh Mafi has become one of my favorite writers and this book shows why.

Unravel Me picks up right where Shatter Me end. Juliette is thrust into Omega Point, where she is having a hard time adjusting to her new environment, which is understandable considering all that she went through in Shatter Me. We get our Adam swoons pretty early on and sighhh... If I thought I had forgotten how swoony Adam can be, he definitely reminded me that he is a pretty good competitor against Warner. He has a way with words and gestures that makes me putty in his hands.

I have to admit, that there were several times where I wanted to shake Juliette. She internalizes everything and she was moping around and letting everything happen to her. She didn't know how to be strong. Which brings me to my next point: Kenji. Kenji is favorite character of mine because he is not afraid of telling it like it is. So I loved when he told Juliette to snap out of and to go and do something. That she could either sit there and lament her bad luck or that she could go out there and save herself. She needed a little hard love thrown at her and he did a great job at it.

There were so many things that we learn that even thinking about it, almost a year later, still shocks me. Mafi did an awesome job at keeping her readers guessing all throughout the book. Like with Warner's father and his very surprising connection. Also, we learn a lot about Omega Point and it leader and how it came about.

And for my Warner lovers, the swoons we get in this book, HOMGGG. I get chills just thinking about it. Unfortunately, Team Warner also get their heart broken and are given mini heart attacks several times throughout the book. I worry how this is going to turn out for him.

Basically, this book has to be one of the best sequel I've read and I need for Ignite Me to come out already. I need to know what happens next after that crazy ending. Although I have to admit that I'm sad that I'll be saying goodbye to these character that I've come to know and love. If you haven't already read this, go out and buy it. Now.

2 comments :

  1. Yes, yes, and YES!!!! This is basically how I feel!!! Like I NEED for Ignite Me to come out already because my heart cant handle all this anxiety...this is the first time in a series that I really have NO IDEA who will be chosen...It's driving me insane!!!

    Team Adam *Whoop Whoop*

    lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series and Tehereh Mafi has done such an incredible job of taking a villain and making him a viable love interest. Still an Adam fan, though! And usually love triangles aren't really true love triangles in that there's the one clear love interest and then the other guy who is just messing things up. But this one is definitely different and it could go either way. But again, it better be Adam!! :) ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...