Mini Review: The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton

The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1)
By Alice Clayton
Release Date: February 16, 2010
Publisher: Gallery Books
Source: Personal Copy
Reviewed by: Nahomi
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / IndieBound

My Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
WATCH OUT, HOLLYWOOD!
Grace Sheridan is back. Ten years after discovering that looks and talent are a dime a dozen in Los Angeles, she's wriggling into a pair of badass jeans and ready to show the film industry that there's way more to her than just a head of gorgeous red curls. And Hollywood's newest Brit super-hunk Jack Hamilton certainly sees a lot to like. Grace is trying to restrain herself from jumping a man who is nearly a decade her junior, but Jack is making it clear that he personally has zero problems with that idea.

While Grace and Jack are still swapping innuendo-loaded quips and text sex though, the paparazzi have caught up with them, headlining the "unidentified redhead" who's been photographed trysting at a restaurant with the heartthrob of the year. Now Grace is in stuck in a double bind. She's head over heels in lust with Jack, but there's her own career to think of as well. A sizzling romance with the newest "it" boy may garner her industry attention...but is it the kind of attention she's always dreamed of?

        Out of all of the adult books I've read, I would say Grace is one of the funniest, unconventional and confident main character out there. I love how comfortable she is in her own skin. Even though she has insecurities; Grace doesn't let her insecurities get in the way of what she wants. I really like that Grace is 33 years-old and although, she isn't a fresh out of college, still struggling to accomplish her dreams.

Jack Hamilton is the love interest, he's 24, HOTT, and has a British accent. I love me some Jack. He is sweet, romantic, but has just enough caveman in him to seem realistic. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention Jack has very talented hands among other things. There was plenty of screaming going on *wink wink*.  Grace and Jack's relationship is honest, playful, and lacks all of the pretenses and expectations that normally accompany relationships in the beginning stages. 

In certain sections I felt the story dragged a little. What kept me reading and engaged was the characters and the dialogue. The dialogue was interesting and funny, I found myself laughing out loud constantly. The characters are endearing; I was hooked and needed to know what happened to them. Alice Clayton does a wonderful job creating the characters and making this story realistic and humorous. I am looking forward to reading The Redhead Revealed.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...