Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Losing It (Losing It #1) by Cora Carmack
Release Date: October 15, 2012
Publisher: William Morrow
Source: Personal Copy
Reviewed by: Nahomi
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Indiebound /

My Rating: 5 stars out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
Virginity. Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half a brain would ever believe.

And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theater professor.

She'd left him naked in her bed about eight hours earlier....

        I love this book!! It's funny, and sexy with a dash of awkward, no wait make that a big helping of awkward. Cora Carmack does an excellent job at engaging her readers. I found the pacing to be steady, perfect for the story. The dialogue was really engaging which I love. Not only were the main characters great, so were the supporting characters. I found myself wanting to hang out with Bliss's friends, too.

 I really love the main character's name, Bliss. It's cute yet a little ironic at the same time because her life is anything but blissful. Bliss is awkward and funny but has this inner strength that really pulls her through some tough situations. The love interest Garrick, is soo freaking HOTT. He might just deserve an extra T just because he's awesome, has a British accent, and wait for it... he reads! Of course he is physically attractive as well but who am I kidding I am a sucker for British accents. Oh and did I mention that Garrick is extremely sweet and thoughtful. Hmm.. I could go on about Garrick forever. *sighs* 

I enjoyed how Bliss and Garricks' relationship progressed, and the hint of forbidden added because of their situation makes the story that much sexier. This book has a great balance between the regular story and the sexy scenes. The intimate scenes flowed organically from the characters, it didn't feel forced or out of place. I will say this about the sexy scenes they are really steamy. Lets just say I was in need of several cold showers after reading them. 

This novel had me up to the wee hours of the morning so that I could finish it. Even after I finished I ended up purchasing the novella  Keeping Her so that I could continue to get my Bliss and Garrick fix. Losing It was exactly the book I needed to get out of the reading slump I was in. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the Losing It series.

3 comments :

  1. I love love love the awkward in this book! :D I too read this pretty much in one sitting, it was addicting, and delightful. I loved Garrick, he indeed sounds hott!!! Great review! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    Kay @ It's a Book Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, I soo loved this book. Thanks for stopping by! Oh I swoon over Garrick on a daily basis... jejeje

      Delete
  2. Ohhh that sounds so interesting! I'm so hooked now! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...