Review: Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3)
By: Veronica Rossi
Expected Release Date: Jan. 28, 2014
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: HarperCollins through Edelweiss
Reviewed by: Jenn
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads / IndieBound

*I received an eARC of this book from the publisher but it did not influence this review in any way.*

My rating: 5 stars out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do - and they are just as determine to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. When Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission - because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.


*Please be aware that there are hints of spoilers in this review. Of the previous two books as well as Into the Still Blue.*

       This book was absolute perfection. It had your romance mixed with some action, suspense and some comedic relief. I just keep thinking that this is how you end a series. It was so perfectly done and I want to hug Veronica Rossi for giving me closure to this trilogy. I read this book pretty quickly, not only because I had to find out what happens next but because it was also go-go-go in this book. There was never a dull moment.

Into the Still Blue picks up right where Through the Ever Night left us. From there, we learn the aftermath of bringing in Aria's friends from the Pod and having them interact with people from the Tides. We also see how Perry is coping with Cinder's kidnapping and with the shocking news he received at the end of Through the Ever Night.

I love Aria and Perry's relationship. They each had their obstacles together and apart but they persevered. One of the things I enjoy so much about their relationship is that they don't need to be together all the time to know that the other person loves them. They don't doubt the other person's love because they know that with everything that is going on, that they have that other person's love and support.

Aria has become a completely different person since we first met her in Under the Never Sky. Because of her parents background, that we learned about in Through the Ever Night, it definitely made her an asset to Perry and his team. Especially given how in the end, she is given the role of an adviser. So I'm very happy at how far Aria has come. Perry! Perry became the leader he was always meant to be and it was just incredible seeing him step up to the role. His over-protectiveness of Cinder and Talon and everyone else is very touching, considering that people were questioning his leadership in the previous books. I do have to admit that there was a point in the book when I was worried about the outcome of his fate. I knew rationally that nothing could happened to him (or so I hoped) but the irrational part of my brain was freaking out and I was worried for him.

As for Roar, my poor Roar, my heart broke for him and I just wanted to hug him. However, I felt that by the end, he was slowly learning to cope and like always, he was a wonderful friend to Perry and Aria. Some characters I grew to like were Brooke and Soren. Soren certainly tested everyone's patience and for several scenes I was worried about his loyalties. However, he certainly proved himself worthy and I love how he and Roar became friends. Brooke, I haven't read her novella yet, but the little she was in the book certainly redeemed herself in my eyes.

I love Into the Still Blue. I feel like Veronica Rossi gave the happy ending that these characters deserved. She delivered on everything and more. I am truly sad to say goodbye to these characters but I know they'll do just fine. If you haven't yet read this series, I beg you to go out and buy it. You will not regret it.

1 comments :

  1. OMG! OMG! OMG! I haven't even red your review yet because I saw this: *Please be aware that there are hints of spoilers in this review. Of the previous two books as well as Into the Still Blue.*

    Ahhhhh!!! I can't take it anymore....Maybe I can read just ONE spoiler lol hmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...