Mini Review: The Redhead Revealed by Alice Clayton

The Redhead Revealed (Redhead, #2)
by Alice Clayton
Release Date: September 28, 2010
Publisher: Gallery Books
Source: Personal Copy
Reviewed By: Nahomi
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / IndieBound

My Rating: 3 stars out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
LONG-DISTANCE LOVE JUST GOT HOTTER!
Life is sweet. Grace Sheridan has just won her dream role in a new off-Broadway play, and the talented hunk flooding her phone with scintillating texts and scandalous photos is Jack Hamilton, the twenty-four-year-old "it" Brit whose Hollywood career is about to climax faster than...you know. So what if their steamy relationship is bicoastal and under wraps, or that L.A. fangirls are grabbing Jack's ass?

Absence does make the heart grow fonder and the libido hotter, but their few weekend visits feel more like fast food than the five-course dinner they crave. And then- the creator of Grace's new show is the man who broke her heart back in college, and he seems to have written the play just to make amends with his leading lady.

As rumors spread that Jack and his lovely, leggy ex-girlfriend have gotten back together, Grace starts to wonder about her own feelings. Can lust alone keep our favorite, feisty duo together, or will Grace find herself back in safer, more familiar arms?

     I was anxious to get this book started because I was really interested in finding out what happened with Grace and Jack. Luckily I didn't have to wait so, I jumped right in. Grace and all of my favorite characters are back and we get to know some new ones! Alice Clayton has a way of making characters that make you feel invested in them. They are fleshed out, realistic and really just great characters that say some really funny things and aren't afraid to speak their minds most of the time. 

For a big part of this book I was biting my nails for several reasons. There is a lot more suspense in this novel than in the first in reference to the characters and what their futures hold. I felt like something was off from the beginning but I couldn't put my finger on it until it hit me like a brick wall. Then all of a sudden things happened a little faster and I was losing hope right up to the very end. I felt that the pacing of this book was better but towards the end it dragged a little. Overall I feel a had a good experience reading this book and I can't wait to read The Redhead Plays Her Hand.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...