Review: Officer Off Limits by Tessa Bailey

Officer Off Limits (Line of Duty #3) 
By Tessa Bailey
Release Date: June 10, 2013
Publisher: Entangled Brazen
Source: Personal Copy
Reviewed by: Jenn
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads

My rating: 3 stars out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
His need to possess her is non-negotiable.
Story Brooks' fiance just called off their wedding two weeks before the happy day. As if that isn't bad enough, her semi-estranged father, an infamous NYPD hostage negotiator, has suffered a heart attack. Not wanting to examine her lack of emotion over the broken engagement, she hops on a plane to reconnect with her father before it's too late.
Playboy hostage negotiator Daniel Chase has never, not once, been refused by a woman, so when a debate over hospital snack foods with a delectable kindergarten teacher ends in a flat-out rejection, he makes it his mission to seduce her. His only obstacle? She's the daughter of his mentor who implicitly forbade Daniel from pursuing her.
Despite her father's warnings and Daniel's troubled past, Daniel and Story can't resist their intense attraction to one another. But when the reason for her fiance's abrupt wedding cancellation comes to light, can Story and Daniel's already forbidden relationship survive.

From the first page of Officer Off Limits, I was hooked. It starts with Story, the female main character, being dumped by her fiance. As I continued on, I was intrigued by Daniel, Story's love interest by how sexy and dirty he was. Maybe it too much information but there were several scenes that had me fanning myself, wondering where my boyfriend was.

Story (seriously, her name is Story, very distracting at times) was a like-able character and I found myself able to relate to her on certain things. Daniel is very UNFy at times but I found him to be a little *too*much of an alpha male for me. After sleeping with Story once, he doesn't want her wearing short dresses so no one can ogle her. It could have been a sweeter scene if he hadn't proceeded to carry her out of bar after stating it. If I choose to overlook that, which I tried, I can find him to be hot.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story. The sexy times were very realistic and hot and again, UNFy. The plot was a little predictable but it not something that really bothered me. It was a good book to help me get out of the YA mindset.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...