Review: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Origin (Lux #4)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date: August 27, 2013
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Source: Personal Copy
Reviewed by: Nahomi
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads / IndieBound

My rating: 5 stars out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.
After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he's facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure. 

All Katy can do is survive.
Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are side of Daedalus that don't seem entirely crazy, but the group's goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen? 

Together, they can face anything.
But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? And will they even be together? 


     I was so excited when my friends told me that Barnes and Noble had Origin earlier than its release date. So much that I called right away and had my copy reserved. Let me just say I didn't see any of this coming. I was rendered useless for the entire time I was reading this book.  Anytime my friends were around while I was reading they would laugh at me reacting to it and boy there were so many reactions. The following is my experience reading Origin, I don’t want to get into the specific detail of what happened because I don’t like to spoil the experience for those who haven’t read it yet.

During this entire novel I had this feeling of impending doom… like something really messed up was going to happen, so I took it slow in the beginning because I was scared of what would happen (after being traumatized at the end of Opal). The first part of the book is torture, literally for many reasons, if you've read the series you’ll understand why and if you haven’t what are you waiting for. Then just when I’m about to lose hope, Armentrout throws us a bone and then things start to get crazy. We start finding out a lot of information about the DOD and Daedleaus that left me thinking WTF is going on here and are they really serious with this shit.

As if I wasn't already head over heels with Daemon this book sealed the deal. Every time I think "Oh I can live without him" he reels me back in. *fan self* Daemon is perfect, bad attitude and all. Kat has evolved very well from the first book; she is definitely a stronger, more confident Kat from the one we got to know in Obsidian.
Jennifer Armentrout delivers a fast pace story that is full of surprises at every turn. As I read Origin, I often found myself laughing out loud, gasping or pacing the floor because sweet alien babies I couldn't believe that just happened. I love love love where she has taken this series and now I am left anxiously awaiting the fifth installment Opposition.

2 comments :

  1. Jennifer Armentrout writes characters in such a way that you become emotionally invested in them, the romance is soooo good, the dialogue is realistic and fun, and there is plenty of action. She usually kills me with the cliffhangers, but this one is not so bad. I guess I can live until the next (and last) book. Sob! I love this series and glad you enjoyed the book as much as I did. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Pam. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...