Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3)
By: Katie McGarry
Expected Release Date: November 26, 2013
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Source: HarlequinTeen through NetGalley
Reviewed by: Jenn
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble /Goodreads / IndieBound

*I received an eARC of this book from the publisher but it did not influence this review in any way.*

My rating: 4.5 stars out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life - that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker - a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. the last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks - no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both of their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

       Katie McGarry outdid herself with this book. Crash Into You was everything and more than what I was expecting. After the ending of Dare You To, I was unhappy by how Isaiah was left and that he wasn't given his happy ending. So I was super excited when this book was announced.

Isaiah has this super tough, scary persona and I'm glad that we got to really know him in this book. His love and loyalty to the people he cares about really came out. He's the kind of guy that, if he's your friend, will stand by you no matter what. I really like Rachel and I loved getting to know her. There were several times I wanted to stand up to her overprotective brothers and overbearing parents. I understood why they acted that way but I did not like it at all. I wanted shake some sense into them and make them see that she's a person and they couldn't just toss her feelings aside.

Isaiah and Rachel has to be my favorite couple of the series so far. They're absolutely perfect for each other. I loved how Isaiah managed to make Rachel feel strong and like she can take on the world. And how Rachel made Isaiah realized that there is good in the world and that he doesn't need to control everything and to trust other people. After reading this book, it made me realized how perfectly suited Isaiah and Rachel are and how Beth and Isaiah would have been a disaster if they had gotten together.

Overall, this has to be my favorite of the series, I just loved it so much. Crash Into You lived up to all my expectations and I can't wait to go out and buy my own copy. Katie McGarry did a great job in keeping her readers hooked and entertained and I can't wait to read West's story. Although, I do hope she does a book on Ethan and Abby, they're just so cute. I say, go out and read this. It will not disappoint.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...