Review: Olivia Twisted by Vivi Barnes

Olivia Twisted by Vivi Barnes
 Expected release date: Nov. 5, 2013
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Source: Entangled Teen via NetGalley
Reviewed by: Nahomi
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble

*I received an eARC of this book from the publisher but it did not influence this review in any way.*

My rating: 3.5 stars out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
Olivia 
He tilts my chin up so my eyes meet his, his thumb brushing lightly across my lips. I close my eyes. I know Z is trouble. I know that being with him is going to get me into trouble. I don't care.

At least at this moment, I don't care.

Tossed from foster home to foster home, Olivia's seen a lot in her sixteen years. She's hardened, sure, though mostly just wants to fly under the radar until graduation. But her natural ability with computers catches the eye of Z, a mysterious guy at her new school. Soon, Z has brought Liv into his team of hacker elite-break into a few bank accounts, and voila, he drives a motorcycle. Follow his lead, and Olivia might even be able to escape from her oppressive foster parents. As Olivia and Z grow closer, though, so does the watchful eye of Bill Sykes, Z's boss. And he's got bigger plans for Liv...

Z
I can picture Liv's face: wide-eyed, trusting. Her smooth lips that taste like strawberry Fanta. 

It was just a kiss. That's all. She's just like any other girl.

Except that she's not.

Thanks to Z, Olivia's about to get twisted.

When I read the premise of this book I thought to myself "I have to read it." I was pleasantly surprised with the story and it's characters. The story had good pacing, and several plot twists that left me opened mouth and in shock. The book captured my attention and kept me turning pages from beginning to end.

Our main characters Liv (Olivia) and Z aren't your typical teenagers, they are orphans who have been through many tough situations in the foster system. Liv is a sweet hard working girl who just wants to get to graduation so she can escape the foster care system. She is very strong and has a good moral compass, even though she gets herself into some sticky situations. Z, on the other hand is trouble; he is attractive, smart and a bad boy. There is something about Z that keeps me from swooning over him, though. He comes off as aloof but underneath it all he really cares. I really liked that in the end both characters did what they thought was best for them although that didn't always equal being together romantically.

I loved that the book had an epilogue and I also liked how the author ended the story. The only reason I could not give this book a higher rating is because I didn't feel the characters were memorable. I didn't have that connection with them, the kind that gives me a book hangover for several days. Other than that I really enjoyed reading this story and think the author did a great job.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...