Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux #1)
By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date: November 23, 2011
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Source: Personal Copy
Reviewed by: Nahomi
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / AudioBooks

My rating: 4.5 stars out of 5 stars
Goodreads rating: 5 stars out of 5

Summary:
Starting Over SucksWhen we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And Then He Opened His MouthDaemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The Hot Alien Living Next Door Marks MeYou heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I Don't Kill Him First, That Is


         Obsidian was highly recommended by several friends that said it was a must read. After very little peer pressure, I started reading and fell madly in love. I haven't read an alien story before, but I feel it was really well done. As I was reading, I felt like Kat and I were both figuring things out at the same time that something was different about the HOTT boy next door. So here’s the deal, there might be some fangirling from this point forward so proceed at your own risk. :)
As I read Obsidian, I loved everything about it; from the characters to the plot and the pacing, even the ending. Both of the MC's are strong but in their own ways. The sarcasm and dialogue had me laughing out loud several times during the book. And in the end I was truly happy that I had read this book and wanted more.
Katy is a blogger and a book nerd which I absolutely adore because I can totally relate with her. Even though Kat is a book nerd she is strong, and can hold her own. I like that she doesn't take crap from anyone, especially from Daemon. *sighs* Daemon, on the other hand is completely gorgeous. Just like I like them, black hair green eyes, built and tall, but is a complete arse. He's the bad boy that shows just a little nice when he thinks nobody is looking.  Together Daemon and Kat have this great love/hate relationship filled with sexual tension and chemistry. Their conversations are sarcastic and funny and make Obsidian funny and enjoyable.
Bottom line:
If you’re looking for an easy read that will leave you wanting more, Obsidian is it. Jennifer L. Armentrout delivers a wonderful story with action, suspense that left me wanting more.

3 comments :

  1. I love Jennifer Armentrout and especially this series (and The Covenant series so if you haven't read that you should read that as well). She has an amazing gift for creating characters you really care about. The dialogue, the chemistry between the Katy and Daemon...love it! Glad you ended up loving it (sometimes when you hear so many great things about a book series, you end up being disappointed). ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam, thanks for the comment! I know exactly what you mean about her characters. I am really invested in the Lux series, and have added a lot of her books to my to read list. I will def add the Covenant series to my TBR pile. Have you read any of her work written under the pen name J. Lynn? I hear it's really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a well written romance. I was so hooked throughout the entire thing. I loved that Katy was a book blogger too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...