Review: Asunder by Jodi Meadows

Asunder (Newsoul #2)
By: Jodi Meadows
Release Date: January 29, 2013
Source: Friend's Copy
Reviewer: Nahomi

My rating: 4 stars out of 5 Stars

Summary:
DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls-and the newsouls who may be born in their place.

SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana's presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can't love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection. 


       I’m a big fan of Incarnate so as soon as I could get my grubby little hands on Asunder, I started reading. Asunder, the second installment in the Jodi Meadows’ Newsoul series, continues Ana’s journey of discovery. Once again, I found myself on an emotional roller-coaster and experiencing the story through Ana’s eyes. Jodi Meadows does a fantastic job of bringing Heart and its inhabitants to life. Asunder is full of romance, suspense, and action. In the end I was left wanting more.

Ana and Sam are back! Sam has me swooning from the beginning, he is just so sweet and considerate. Oh my God when you read what he does well....you'll just have to read it for yourself but I melted into big piles of mush. I love the progression of their relationship, rough and a slow to start but gets stronger as the story progresses. Ana begins to understand the concept of love, and to realize that she herself is able to love and is worthy of it.  Also, she’s a lot stronger than she was in Incarnate. Some of the great supporting characters are back and we learn more about them, their history and place in Heart.

I will say that in the beginning the pace is slower because of all of the information being given about the different characters and the history of Heart, but a quarter of the way through the book, things pick up speed and they don't slow down until the end. There were plenty of places where I was shocked at the turn of events or had ‘aha’ moments. I liked that some of my questions were answered but enough were left unanswered that I am dying to get my hands on Infinite, the last and final book of the series.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed Asunder and can't wait until Infinite! Go forth my friends and read this book!

Until next time 
Nahomi

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...