Stacking the Shelves (#5)

Stacking the Shelves, which is hosted by Tyngas's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This mean you can include books you buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks!

Hello lovelies,

I hope everyone had a good week. This week haul are novels that the authors asked me to review and interview.

Blood of the Revenant by N.R. Allen
Blood of the Revenant
From Goodreads: "Something strange is happening in Returning City, something dangerous.

Gabriel has never questioned things before. He knows that because he is a revenant like everyone else, he has to fight the not-family and hurt them to keep his own family safe. He has never questioned that the sky is always dark or that hungry things watch him from the forest.

But in Returning City, everyone has secrets.

Gabriel grew up believing that he was the same as everyone else. But now, things are changing. He begins to see strange, monstrous creatures instead of the people he has always known. Struggling to protect his family, Gabriel must turn to a mysterious stranger, but is she only helping him for her own dark purposes?

In order to survive, Gabriel has to become more than he has ever been, and he will have to go against all he has ever known. Soon Gabriel will realize that something dangerous waits for him—his past—and that past holds a secret deadlier than anything he could ever imagine."



Few Are Angels by Inger Iversen
Few Are Angels (Few Are Angels, #1)
From Goodreads: "After a fatal hit and run accident, Ella Monroe fears that she’s lost more than her beloved parents. Horrifying visions of a past life and a disturbing voice in her head have psychiatric professionals convinced that she’s lost her sanity as well. But when Kale--a dark and handsome stranger with a mysterious past--reveals the true meaning of her visions and the tremendous power she wields through them, Ella must come to terms with the devastating truths of her own past, while eluding an ancient Dark Prince who seeks to control not only her future, but all of mankind’s, by means of abilities that Ella is only beginning to understand.

Enter the shrouded world of an age old battle between an ancient race known as the Immortals and their bitter enemy Laurent, the so-called Dark Prince, who commands an army of half-breed vampires known as Chorý. Both sides have been desperately searching for the prophesied emergence of the Arc, a clairvoyant with unparalleled power to recall the past and a soothsayer with clear vision into the future. 

The Council of Immortals has sworn to protect the Arc, whom they have identified as young Ella Monroe, a college freshman from Virginia living quietly and unaware of her powers or her past. But a renegade Chorý has other plans for the protection of a girl he has loved through the ages. Can Kale convince Ella of who she is, what she is destined to become, and what he once meant to her? Is he truly the best protector to shield the world from the devastating misuse of her powers that Laurent is bent on controlling? Or will the forbidden love they share and Kale’s cursed condition as a retched and hated Chorý be used against them both?

This paranormal romance told from the heroine’s perspective builds in intensity and intrigue to a finale you won’t see coming. Heart pounding action mixed with heartwarming friendships and heartbreaking romance will leave you breathless and begging for more."



That's it for this week! What did you add to your shelves?


16 comments :

  1. I've never heard of these books but I hope you enjoy them!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually haven't heard of any of these but Few Are Angels' cover looks really gorgeous so I hope you enjoy! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I know, right?? Thanks so much for passing by!

      Delete
  4. Few are Angels looks promising, girl!

    Happy Reading!
    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Few are Angels seems like it would be a good read - I'm looking forward to your review!

    New follower here, btw. :) Here's my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Reading, girl! I hope you enjoy both books! :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! Those are new books to me, but I hope you enjoy them.
    My BEA Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of any of these titles, but they look interesting :) Enjoy and thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of these. But they sound interesting. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by my StS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Few are Angels sounds really interesting! I've never heard of either of these. Hope they're as good as they sound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Few are Angels sounds really interesting! I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blood of the Revenant sounds cool! I'll be interested to see what you think of it after you've read it. Thanks for stopping in to check out my haul, or lack there of this week. I am always happy to make a new friend. Please stop by again sometime and I will do the same. Happy reading!
    Tammy @ http://bosbooknook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Few Are Angels looks really good! Hope you enjoy it (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hellooooo there.

    New follower back.

    I haven't heard of these books and I hope that you enjoy them both.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...