Review: Throwing My Life Away by Liz Czukas



Throwing My Life Away
Author: Liz Czukas
Release Date: December 20, 2016
Publisher: Liz Czukas
Format: eARC
Source: Liz Czukas
Review by: Jenn
7 photographs, 2 weeks, an entire life to get back. No problem, right?

After her stepfather accidentally throws away her high school mementos, sentimental Mariska is pretty sure the world is over. That is, until she comes up with a plan. She’s going to recreate her past, with a little help from her friends. It’s not easy to rally everyone into helping, especially Caine, who couldn’t be less sentimental about anything if he were a park bench. But from a guerilla kite festival to convincing her ex-boyfriend to recreate her lost prom picture, Mariska is willing to do what it takes.

With a little nudging from Caine, Mariska starts to realize she can’t actually get her past back. And maybe that’s okay. Because while she’s so focused on the past, she’s missing out on the present, where her friends are busy having the summer of their lives. And where funny, quiet Caine might just be the future she never knew she wanted.

3.5 stars out of 5 stars
*I received an early copy of this book from the author. However, this review is in no way influenced by that.*

Reading Throwing My Life Away was like going back *cough ten years ago cough* to high school.  It was filled with nostalgia for the old days and with hopeful feelings for the future. And Mariska is for sure feeling all the emotions as she prepares to depart her childhood for college. Here are some of my favorite part of the book.
  • I loved all the recreated pictures moments. While they didn't come out exactly like the original that Mariska took, they are unique and will give Mariska two memories instead of one. The old one and the new one. I especially love the ninja recreation. It was definitely a turning point between Mariska and her love interest, Caine.
  • I also loved Mariska's best friend Sun and Caine. Sun is hilarious and unique. I loved how she was up to anything for Mariska and gave it the project a special touch. Caine is the perfect compliment for Mariska. The book has some awesome banter between Mariska and Sun and Mariska and Caine but I especially loved Mariska and Caine's back and forth quips. There is this whole yearbook drop off between the two that I found absolutely adorable.
Throwing My Life Away was filled with nostalgia and hope and it was so cute. I loved that I got another YA book from Liz Czukas and I can't wait to see what else she's working on.


SaveSave
SaveSave

2 comments :

  1. Great review! I've nver even heard of this one, but now I want it. The premise sounds like a lot of fun, and I already love Caine! This sounds like the perfect light, fluffy read.

    - Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do read it. I really enjoyed all the nostalgia that Mariska was feeling and the love interest, Caine, is just her perfect compliment. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...