Review: See Me by Wendy Higgins

See Me
Author: Wendy Higgins
Release Date: March 17, 2014
Publisher: Wendy Higgins
Source: Personal Copy
Review by: Nahomi
While most seventeen-year-old American girls would refuse to let their parents marry them off to a stranger, Robyn Mason dreams of the mysterious McKale in Ireland, wondering how he’ll look and imagining his cute Irish accent. Prearranged bindings are common for magical families like her own, however when she travels to the whimsical Emerald Isle she discovers there’s more to her betrothal and McKale’s clan than she was led to believe.

What starts as an obligatory pairing between Robyn and McKale morphs over time into something they both need. But one giant obstacle stands in the way of their budding romance: a seductive and deadly Fae princess accustomed to getting what she wants—and what she wants is McKale as her plaything. Love, desire, and jealousies collide as Robyn’s family and McKale’s clan must work together to outsmart the powerful Faeries and preserve the only hope left for their people.
4 stars out of 5 stars

      From the moment I found out that Wendy Higgins was working on See Me, I was excited about reading it! I fell in love with the story and the characters and was sad at the end because I wanted to read more about these wonderful characters and world.

In the beginning I had a hard time connecting with Robyn, but as the story went on, I got to know her I grew to like her a lot. She is strong and although a little insecure at time Robyn knows what she wants. Her situation although difficult to identify with isn't totally a foreign concept, and the whole arranged marriage thing was done really well. McKale is really sweet. He's kinda shy, a good guy and a total cutie. I really liked his character and how proper he was, he definitely had his swoony moments.

I loved how the love story developed. Both Robyn and McKale were tentative and a little unsure of the other in the beginning, but then they slowly got to know each other and it was just a really sweet experience. There were times in the story things were really tight, I was so nervous I was biting my nails.

Overall I was really happy with this story, its pacing, characters and resolution. I really enjoyed reading it and hope that one day Ms. Higgins will revisit Robyn and McKale's story, just so I can get another glimpse into their lives.

1 comments :

  1. I actually bought this book. I downloaded a sample first and really got drawn in. Haven't gotten a round to actually reading it, though. This is the first book by Wendy Higgins I've bought. I'm glad you gave it a positive review. I always like my book purchases to be validated by good reviews. Thanks!
    Tammy @Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...