Favorite Friday - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Have a favorite book? Series? One that you've just read or are currently reading? Favorite Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Books and Swoons where we spotlight some of our Favorite Reads. Everyone is welcome to join. Just enter your information on the linky or leave us a comment!

For our first time doing Favorite Friday, I've decided to go with a book that first gave me my first dose of swoonage. Prior to this book, I used to think that there were some sweet and romantic moments in books but I easily moved on (Sometimes). But this book? Man oh man, that's when I really learn about what book boyfriends really mean. I guess I should say which book I'm talking about, right? Ok, it is......


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?
This book has everything I love: banter, smart and great characters, swoony moments, and Étienne St. Clair ;) I may have had book boyfriends prior to Étienne, he really was the one to introduce back in to the YA world after leaving for a couple of years.

There are two other books in this world Stephanie Perkins has created. One of which just came out last week and made the NYT Bestsellers list!! If you haven't heard of it, it this little book called Isla and the Happily Ever After. It is SOOOOO good and funny and swoony and and and....AHHH. Go out and read this companions novels because you'll kick yourself if you don't. 


Well, hello! I'm Stephanie Perkins, and I write novels for teens (and for adults who aren't afraid to admit that teen books are awesome). I was born in South Carolina, raised in Arizona, attended universities in San Francisco and Atlanta, and now I live in the mountains of Asheville, North Carolina.
My best friend is my husband Jarrod. Our house is almost a hundred years old, and every room is painted a different color of the rainbow. We share it with a cat named Mr. Tumnus.
I've always worked with books—first as a bookseller, then as a librarian, and now as a novelist. On weekdays, you'll find me at my desk, typing away, downing cups of coffee and tea. On the weekend, you'll find me at the movies, waiting for the actors to kiss. I believe all novels and films should have more kissing. 
Author's links: Website / Twitter / Tumblr

I hope you can join us on sharing and talking about some of favorite reads. Book talk always make me happy. 

What is one of your favorite reads?

1 comments :

  1. Anna and the French Kiss is one of my favorites! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...