Quotes (#71)


Morning Swooners!

This whole training for a 5K thing is exhausting. Making and keeping a workout schedule into our regular schedule has been an experience for Nahomi and I. We've slipped up here and there but luckily we both know we have an end game and help the other out. Six more weeks until we do our 5K trail run! Now let's get to our quotes.

“I feel free and strong. If I were not a reader of books I could not feel this way.” - Walter Tevis

“He made me think of all the books I hadn't read, and all the ones I'd read but hadn't fully understood.” - Tom Perrotta, Joe College

“Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare.” - Guy de Maupassant

“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” - C.G. Jung

“But luxury has never appealed to me, I like simple things, books, being alone, or with somebody who understands.” - Daphne du Maurier

“This was another of our fears: that Life wouldn't turn out to be like Literature.” - Julian Barnes, The Sense of an Ending

“Books have a unique way of stopping time in a particular moment and saying: Let’s not forget this.” - Dave Eggers

That's it for me today. Today's workout has worn me out and I'm ready for a nap. I might just take one now. Have a great Monday!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...