Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) 
By Veronica Rossi
Release Date: January 8, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Personal Copy
Reviewed by: Jenn
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads / IndieBound

My rating: 5 stars out of 5 stars

Synopsis:
It's been months since Aria learned of her mother's death.

Months since Perry became Blood Lord of the Tides, and months since Aria last saw him.

Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first. Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindle to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist?

Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night? In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and sci-fi elements to create a captivating adventure - and a love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

      Through the Ever Night was a great follow up from the first book, Under the Never Sky. It is one of the few books that I feel like the sequel is better than the first. The problems that I had in the first book are all gone. Gone is the confusion of trying to guess which character was talking. Veronica Rossi did a great job in keeping her readers entertained and invested in the characters.

Roar and Perry's friendship is one my favorites ever and I always love the scenes when they're together. They know each other so well that they already know what the other is going to do without having to speak first. I think that this the first time that I enjoy reading about a "bromance" more than about the love interest.

Not to say that I don't like Aria, because I do. Aria has grown so much since Under the Never Sky and you can tell she is a lot more confident and knows how to defend herself. Her relationship with Perry, I like how they don't need to be together all the time to know how much they care about each other. All they have to do is share a look and you know that they share something special between them.

Now, you know I don't like love triangles, but I think that this series might be the only one where I wouldn't mind one. Aria and Roar just seem to understand each other so well and always have a great time together. However, I would never actually want them to be together. I just think they would be cute together and I would want Roar for myself.

Basically, Through the Ever Night just solidified my love for Roar and after that ending, I would gladly help him feel better. I can't wait to see what Into the Still Blue will bring to these characters. I'm excited to see how Veronica Rossi will end this series and I just hope she gives them the ending that they deserve.

5 comments :

  1. Eeeekkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!! I STILL haven't read this book and it's killing every day that passes by lol Great review Jenn!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are killing me with this series. Okay, before this comes out I'll read the whole series so I can fangirl with you guys. That's it!! Fantastic review Jenn! :D

    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reeeeaaaddddd it, Andy. You know you want tooooo. Hehehe.

      Delete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...