Review: November 9 by Colleen Hoover


November 9
Author: Colleen Hoover
Release Date: November 10th 2015
Publisher: Atria Books
Source: Library
Review by: Nahomi
Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist. 

Rating: 5 stars out of 5 stars

I’ve been meaning to read November 9 for a while now because I was a little afraid to read a Colleen Hoover novel. My BFF Dai told me that Colleen is an “emotional terrorist” because her books are heartbreaking. And let me tell you she was right; November 9 hurt so good.

I absolutely love every part of this story!! Fallon and Ben are great characters. I love their depth and their sarcastic witty dialogue. Fallon is strong. Although she lacks self-confidence in the beginning, she doesn’t shy away from doing things that terrify her. With the help of Ben, Fallon grows confident and as the story progresses she finds herself. Now, Ben is has to be one of my favorite male characters ever! He definitely has a way with words. His character though is what gets me. The way he treats Fallon melts me to pieces.

This story is addicting. As soon as I started reading I was hooked and spent most of the night reading so I could find out what happened next. The premise of the book is interesting and kept my attention. There were several instances where you think things are settled and then the floor gets dropped from under you. Colleen destroyed my heart then put it back together in the span of this novel. November 9 is a must read.




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...