DNF Review: Just One Night by Kyra Davis

Just One Night (Just One Night #1-3)
by Kyra Davis
Release Date: December 31, 2013
Publisher: Gallery Books
Source: ARC provided by publisher
Reviewer: Nahomi
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads

*This ARC was provided by the publisher but it did not influence this review in any way.*

My rating: 1 star out of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:
Kasie Fitzgerald knows who she's supposed to be. She's a rising-star-workaholic at a global consulting firm. She's the fiancee of a well-connected man who's won the approval of her parents. People know that she's reliable, serious, proper, cautious, pragmatic, and yes a little predictable. She's who Dave and her family want her to be.

But as her thirtieth birthday looms, buried feelings begin to resurrect. Her friend takes her to Vegas for one last wild and crazy night. In a dress much shorter and sexier than anything she has ever dared to wear before, she hits the blackjack tables. And meets him. Under the tailored clothes it's clear that this is a man who is intense, powerful, and maybe even a little dangerous. With a touch of trepidation she accepts his invitation to get a drink, and before long, she's in his hotel room.

She never gets his full name. Perhaps his anonymity is one of the reasons she's able to give herself over to him and to the moment so completely. Perhaps it's why she's just had the most exquisite and passionate sex of her life. Shaken by her own behavior, Kasie tries to chalk it up to one crazy night. But when the mysterious gentleman she's just had a fling with shows up in her office-as the CEO of a firm her company does a billion dollars of business with a year, demanding that she handle his account, and so much more-things will never be the same again. And there's no telling where this will go.

**This is a Did Not Finish review. I didn't read the whole book, I only got until page 100. The following are my thoughts on what I did read.**

       Jenn gave me the opportunity to read this book, and after reading the summary I decided to give it a chance. It sounded really interesting, and at the time I was in much need of a change in genres. I was sorely disappointed with the main character and her internal monologue. There are certain things that I can look over depending on the situation of the main character; But I just couldn't deal with Kasie's inability to grow a pair of balls and end things with her fiancee. 

Some of the descriptions Kasie uses like comparing her boyfriend to a baked potato, (I get it was suppose to be in a good way) because baked potatoes are comfort food. Don't get me wrong I love baked potatoes, but not when used to describe ones "significant" other. I felt the imagery was all off, it was distracting. The final nail in the coffin for me was when her boyfriend proposed officially and she still accepted after everything she'd done. Even knowing that he wasn't right for her, she still said yes! After that I couldn't keep reading I was so upset at Kasie. 

I will however praise the author for writing some of the hottest sexy scenes I have ever read. That first scene when Kasie is in the hotel with the "stranger" is oh so HOTT. I had to think of dirty diapers, and all things sad or gross to get my "need" under control again. This book was definitely not my cup of tea. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...