Let's Chat Non-Bookish Edition: House of Cards


The husband and I are currently working our way through all the seasons of Grey’s Anatomy and Gilmore Girls on Netflix. But since I’ve been watching Grey’s Anatomy since it first premiered all those years ago and I watched Gilmore Girls live, the husband and I wanted to pick something new to the both us. So we picked House of Cards! And let me tell you, we are hooked! We watched season one in about a day and are already halfway through with season two. We probably would have been further along if we didn’t have visitors from out of town this past weekend and he didn’t have his second job to go to.

We honestly picked it on a whim and now I’m kicking myself for not watching it sooner. For those who haven’t seen the show, Frank Underwood, Kevin Spacey’s character, is one scary, ruthless, and relentless man and I’m scared to see how far this story will take him. As for his wife, Claire Underwood, played by Robin Wright, she is honestly my favorite character. I’m always trying to analyze her thinking and motivations and wondering what she will do next. With Frank, I just let him guide the story and no questions asked. However, with Claire, I want to know her motivations and the way she thinks. And I think it because her story line is not as clear as Frank. We know what Frank wants and that he is going to go for it because this is his show.

This show is definitely worth the hype and if you haven’t picked it up, I really beg you to watch. Just watch one episode and tell me then if you don’t like it because I refuse to believe it. And if you HAVE watched it, OMG don’t’ spoil me but also in a roundabout way tell me how this progresses. Gah! I need to go finish season two already!

Don't forget to comment down below!

1 comments :

  1. ♥ this series and I would say that the last season is almost the best -- so it does get even better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...