Review: My Strongest Weakness by Brighton Walsh



My Strongest Weakness
('90s Playlist Anthology)
Author: Brighton Walsh
Release Date: October 13, 2015
Source: Brighton Walsh
Review by: Jenn
Six stories of sex, love, and being young in the ‘90s, inspired by songs of the decade…

My Strongest Weakness by Brighton Walsh
It was supposed to be a one-time thing. No one would find out; no one would have to know. And then once turned into twice, and twice turned into several times a week, and now pierced, punk-loving, rebellious Tia Lanning is banging Mason Brooks, the big man on campus and Mr. All American. But banging him isn’t the problem. Falling for him is. Especially when he’s content to let her remain his dirty little secret.

4 stars out of 5 stars
*I received an early copy of this anthology from Brighton Walsh, however, it did not influence this review in any way. *
*This is a review of one of the six stories. I am only reviewing Brighton Walsh's MY STRONGEST WEAKNESS.*

Most of you all know that I am a big reader of Brighton Walsh's work. I will read anything she writes because her stories and heroes are worth going back for. So when she announced she was writing a '90s novella I was super excited. As a '90s baby who became a teen in the 2000s, it was a treat to see how life was so different for teens and college students from what I grew up with.

My Strongest Weakness follows Tia, a rebellious punk loving college student and her screwed up sex-only relationship with Mason, the big man on campus. Both Tia and Mason are afraid of being seen with each other in front of their respective friends since they lead such different lives. However, Tia starts to feel differently after learning that he might mess with the rules they have in place. Tia heads to his fraternity house, a place she doesn't feel comfortable in but is doing so to accompany her friend. And I love what happens next because Brighton started it off with a bang and I was quite pleased by it. Tia and Mason are both headstrong characters and it was fun trying to see them both try to get the upper hand on the other.

In true Brighton's fashion, her characters are real, well developed, and can feel like one of your friends. I always enjoy reading Brighton's heroes because they sound and feel like a real male point of view and not a woman writing what we hope a man sounds like.

I read this novella fairly quickly, in a short afternoon, and I only wish it was longer. I hope to get to get to the rest of the novellas but was unable due to time constraints. But I do recommend to buy the anthology because this novella is definitely worth it.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...