Review: Needing Her by Allie Everhart


Needing Her 
(The Kensingtons #1)
Author: Allie Everhart
Release Date: June 5, 2015
Publisher: Allie Everhart
Source: Personal Copy
Review by: Nahomi
Pearce Kensington. Age 25. Billionaire. Graduate of the Ivy League. Future CEO. Member of a powerful secret society.

His life is complicated. Dark. Lonely. Dangerous. So when he meets Rachel, a kind, sweet, beautiful grad student, he tells himself to stay away. He’s no good for her. And yet, she’s good for him. A ray of light in his very dark world.

She’s everything he’s ever wanted but didn’t think he could have. But being with her will bring her into his world. A world she doesn’t belong in. A world he wants to escape. A world he’ll have to hide from her in order to keep her safe.

He should let her go. But he can’t. He loves her. He needs her. So he’ll risk everything to be with her.

4.5 stars out of 5 stars

       Needing Her is such a great book! It was hard to down because I was sucked into the story from the first page. Pearce and Rachel are such great characters; they are complex and compliment each other in a beautiful way. I am so excited for this series, and can't wait to see how Rachel and Pearce's story unfolds!! So, if you haven't read the Jade series please stop reading here. This is a great story and I don't want to spoil it for you.
(****Spoiler Alert****)
(****Spoiler Alert****)
(****Spoiler Alert****)
(****Spoiler Alert****)
(****Spoiler Alert****)
(****Spoiler Alert****)
(****Spoiler Alert****)
(****Spoiler Alert****)
(****Spoiler Alert****)
(****Spoiler Alert****)

      Since I've read the Jade series it feels a little bittersweet, because I know what will eventually happen to Rachel. I feel that I am setting myself up to be devastated big time. I love Rachel so much and I just want her and Pearce to be happy. *weeps* Rachel is sweet, caring, and loves to see the good in people, but at the same time isn't afraid to stand up for herself. Pearce is so sweet and thoughtful and everything I didn't expect from him. I love him even more now than before. Pearce and Rachel have this amazing connection, their chemistry was off the charts. There were certain scenes that I have to fan myself just to get through because they were so steamy.

        I can't say enough how much I loved this story and how invested I am in the characters. Although, I must say  that there were some areas that dragged a little, because there was a lot of information being given about the organization and the characters. If you haven't read the Jade series the information is necessary, but if you have it's a little redundant. There is however definitely information in this book that we didn't get in the other series.  I loved being able to see so many of the characters that I'm all ready familiar with from the Jade series. All in all Needing Her is a great read! I can't wait to see what's next for Pearce and Rachel in Keeping Her.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...