Mini Review: If I Should Die by Amy Plum

If I Should Die (Revenants #3)
By Amy Plum
Release Date: May 7, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Personal Copy
Review: Jenn & Nahomi
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / IndieBound

Jenn's rating: 2.5 stars out of 5 stars
Nahomi's rating: 4 stars out of 5 stars
Our overall rating: 3.5 stars out of 5 stars
I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.
Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.
It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.
After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?

Nahomi:

After the ending of the of Until I Die I was anxiously awaiting the last installment of the series If I Should Die. I was heartbroken after the second book so when I got my hands on this book I couldn’t read fast enough. The first part of the book was excruciatingly painful for me. I was suffering for Kate and Vincent. I couldn’t believe what was happening to them, I just wanted to fix everything and make it better.

So I read and read like a little maniac, and I reached a point in the book where I felt that the story got a little predictable. I was a little disappointed with this because I really liked the series so far and I felt that the series could have ended in a different way. I get why the book ended the way it did, but I still wished that it would have ended differently.

There were several things that I loved about this series. I love the feminist tone of the entire series. Vincent is very progressive as far a love interests go, he lets Kate try and defend herself although he is there in the background in case she needs help. I really enjoyed the series in general but I was a little disappointed in the ending.

Jenn:

Just like Nahomi said, after the ending of Until I Die, I had to get my hands on If I Should Die. After that cliffhanger, I was desperate to find out the outcome of one the main characters. The book picked up fairly quickly but unlike the previous book, I didn’t end up loving it. Everything felt predictable for me and I rolled my eyes so many times while reading. After a while, I just wanted to get to the end and see how everything would be resolved but I was no longer invested. There was so many similarities to Twilight by Stephenie Meyer that just turned me off. And when we finally got to then end, I found it to be very convenient and I still don’t agree how it ended. So overall, my favorite book of the series was Until I Die and I won’t be rereading this book again.

1 comments :

  1. Very enjoyable series. I hope there is a movie made from these books. Recommend this series if you like Twilight, etc.
    Diesel Repairs information

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...