Review: Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg

Better off Friends 
Author: Elizabeth Eulberg
Release Date: Feb. 25, 2014
Publisher: Point/Scholastic
Source: NetGalley
Review by: Jenn
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads / IndieBound 
For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can't be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan's friends. They are platonic and happy that way.
Eventually they realize they're best friends - which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep getting in each other's way. Guys won't ask Macallan out because they think she's with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can't but wonder... are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated?
From romantic comedy superstar Elizabeth Eulberg comes a fresh, fun examination of a question for the ages: Can guys and girls ever really be just friends? Or are they always one fight away from not speaking again - and one kiss away from true love?


5 stars out of 5 stars
*I received an eARC of this book from the publisher but it did not influence this review in any way.*

I loved this book. It was perfect, charming, and realistic. Macallan was such a fierce character, I loved reading her story. I thought she would be a Mary Sue type but she certainly proved me wrong. She stood up for herself and her family and what she believes in. She's loyal and honest and someone I would like to be be friends with. Levi is a regular teenage boy and I love him. His confusion towards understanding girls and wanting to fit in as well as trying to be a good friend is so sweet, funny, and endearing.

Macallan and Levi's friendship is the kind that I love to read about. The history they shared and the bond they forged as friends is the love story that has me sighing and swooning and makes my heart all warm and fuzzy. Since they're teenagers, they experienced a lot of ups and downs and misunderstanding on both their parts. And I did want to slap them both on the back of their head at one point just to get them to talk to each other.


Overall, I absolutely love this story. It a modern day "When Harry Met Sally" story but unique in its own way. I can't wait to go out and buy my own copy so I can add it to my shelf. This book brought out so many happy moments and laughter in me. I'm recommending this book to anyone who's looking for a light hearted romance of when it goes from friends to more. It will for sure bring a smile to your face.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...