Mini Review: Roar and Liv by Veronica Rossi

Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky # 0.5) by Veronica Rossi
Release Date: October 30, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Personal Copy
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads / Harper Collins

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis:  Before Perry and Aria, there was Roar and Liv.

After a childhood spent wandering the borderlands, Roar finally feels like he has a home with the Tides. His best friend Perry is like a brother to him, and Perry's sister, Liv, is the love of his life. But Perry and Liv's unpredictable older brother, Vale, is the Blood Lord of the Tides, and he has never looked kindly on Roar and Liv's union. Normally, Roar couldn't care less about Vale's opinion. But with food running low and conditions worsening every day, Vale's leadership is more vital - and more brutal - than ever. Desperate to protect his tribe, Vale makes a decision that will shatter the life Roar knew and change the fate of the Tides forever.

Set in the harsh but often beautiful world of Veronica Rossi's "unforgettable" Under the Never Sky (Examiner.com), this captivating prequel novella stands on its own for new readers and offers series fan a fascinating look into the character of Roar. Poignant and powerful, Roar and Liv is a love story that will "capture your imagination and your heart." (Justine on Under the Never Sky).

         I'm not exactly sure what I expected from this novella but I was so surprised by this one. Roar is unbelievable swoony and I about died as he talks about how much Liv means to him. I never would have pictured Roar to be this lovey, sensitive, sweetheart of a guy. Here are some of my favorites scenes:

With Liv, there is always something unexpected, but not the way she makes me feel. That never changes. One kiss and I'm hungry - starved for of her...


~B&S~

"Do you think it's about us?" she asks after a moment.
"Yes"
"You do?"
I shrug. "You're part of me, Olivia. Anything that involves you is always about us."

~B&S~

My ambitions aren't grand. All I have ever wanted is to be there for the two people who mean everything to me. Maybe that's a small goal to others, but it's always felt like enough.

~B&S~

I step toward her and find her hand. "I understand the risks, Liv." I glance toward camp, thinking of the friend I might lose. "And I'm willing to take them. For you. For us. I choose you. Above everything else, I choose you."

Sigh. Love it. Reading this novella definitely give us more background information on Under the Never Sky. It made me even more excited for when Through the Ever Night comes out in January. Less than two months!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...