Swoony Boy of the Month - Adam Wilde from If I Stay

Swoony Boy of the Month is our new feature where we spotlight a favorite and/or swoony boy from the books we have read.

For our first Swoony Boy, we are spotlighting one of the first swoony boy, Adam Wilde! Adam comes to us from Gayle Forman's If I Stay and Where She Went. He made us swoon with his lyrics, and his good looks. He also has one of the saddest lines in If I Stay and if you don't cry, you may have a heart made of stone. Let's meet Adam, shall we?
“This is the you I like. You definitely dressed sexier and are, you know, blond, and that's different. But the you who are tonight is the same you I was in love with yesterday, the same you I'll be in love with tomorrow. I love that you're fragile and tough, quiet and kick-ass. ” - Adam Wilde
― Gayle Forman, If I Stay
Source
“I want you to play me like a cello.” - Adam Wilde
― Gayle Forman, If I Stay
Source
“You don’t share me. You own me.”
― Gayle Forman, Where She Went
Source
“All I can think about is how fucked up it would be for your life to end here, now. I mean I know that your life if fucked up no matter what now, forever. And I'm not dumb enough to think that I can undo that, that anyone can. But I can't wrap my mind around the notion of you not getting old, having kids, going to Juilliard, getting to play that cello in front of a huge audience, so that they can get the chills the way I do every time I see you pick up your bow, every time I see you smile at me.” - Adam Wilde
― Gayle Forman, If I Stay
“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.” - Adam Wilde
― Gayle Forman, If I Stay

Source
“Please Mia," he implores. "Don't make me write a song.” - Adam Wilde
― Gayle Forman, If I Stay
Source
“But I'd do it again. I know that now. I'd make that promise a thousand times over and lose her a thousand times over to have heard her play last night or to see her in the morning sunlight. Or even without that. Just to know that she's somewhere out there. Alive.” - Adam Wilde
― Gayle Forman, Where She Went
Ugh. His line, "Please Mia, don't make me write a song" kills me even four years after I first read the book. If you haven't already read this book, I implore you to do so because Gayle Forman knows how to bring the feels and with this book plus Adam will just give you a punch in the gut.

2 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh, way to bring back SO MANY FEELS. Those quotes are killer. Adam is so swoony. Ugh, now I want to go re-read If I Stay and Where She Went. I am in love with this feature! I can never get enough of my swoony book boyfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG now I feel like I need to re-read If I Stay!! I love this book so much and Adam really os so swoony!!! Loving this new feature girls!!!

    Xoxo. Lexi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...