Review: Stupid Boy by Cindy Miles


Stupid Boy
(Stupid in Love #2)
Author: Cindy Miles
Release Date: February 17, 2015
Publisher: The Knight Agency
Source: Xpresso Book Tours
Review by: Nahomi
Brax Jenkins and Olivia Beaumont are the most envied couple at Winston University—but the so-called “virginity dare,” orchestrated by Brax’s old fraternity, almost tore them apart. Now, a new dare is taking shape, and it’s sure to set emotions ablaze--more than ever before.

Winston’s “It Girl” Harper Belle isn’t just president of the Deltas--she’s also a master at keeping her ugly past a secret. So, when the Kappas’ dare hits closer to home for her more than anyone realizes, she devises a competition of her own as payback. Three sorority sisters will seek out a notorious womanizer on campus and--unbeknownst their “mark”--secretly train him to be the perfect boyfriend. Always up for a challenge, Harper targets the biggest player she can find: Brax’s wickedly handsome foster brother Kane McCarthy.

But, Harper discovers there’s much more to Kane than girls, games, and partying. His easy smile belies the quiet, old soul reflected in his deep brown eyes. All it takes is one night, one secret laid bare, and one kiss from Kane to shift Harper’s world on its axis. Suddenly, the girl who’s always walked a straight and narrow path can’t think of anything else except losing control.
5 stars out of 5 stars

I was totally consumed by this story. I started the book thinking, let me read a few pages to get a feel for the story...three hours later I had to force myself to put it down so I could get some sleep. Stupid Boy is a wonderful story and I fell in love with Harper and Kane's story. I was so happy that I was able to catch up with Brax and Olivia from Stupid Girl. It was great having all of these wonderful characters together.

On the surface the story is a little predictable, but once you get deeper into the story there are some major plot twist that left me with my mouth open and keep me wondering what's going to happen next. There is a certain mystery throughout the plot line that kept me hooked and turning pages.

I was totally invested in Harper and Kane's journey individually and as a couple. Harper's character is strong and she keeps it together exceptionally well considering all of the traumatic experiences she's been through. Kane is the opposite of Brax, he is quiet and although he is strong and can defend himself like Brax his personality demands respect. Although everything on the outside screams bad boy he is just a sweetie.

This is just a great story and Cindy Miles does a phenomenal job of portraying these characters and their stories so that the reading feels invested in their story.



2 comments :

  1. Bad boy sweeties are always the best type of boys to read about. They can defend your relationship while keeping it interesting!

    Cielo
    Divergent Review"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right I love reading about the them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...