Review: Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead


Spirit Bound
(Vampire Academy #5)
Author: Richelle Mead
Release Date: May 18, 2010
Publisher: Razorbill
Source: Personal Copy
Review by: Jennifer
Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong…

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s—and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives beyond the Academy’s iron gates to begin. But Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri, and he's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her...forever.

5 stars out of 5 stars

Richelle Mead has completely broken my heart with this book. WHY, Richelle, WHYYYY? After putting my heart together, you just HAD to break it again and then leave me in need of a really strong drink. Guh. If you haven't realized by now, my love for this series just increases with every book and my emotions are always all over the place, so beware of my rambling review.

Rose has come back to St. Vladimir's and to Lissa. The duo are back together and are planning for their future after graduation. While doing what is necessary to be able to graduate on time, Rose receives words that Dimitri (be still my heart) is on the look for her. This time though, he is set on killing her. Rose concoct a plan in order to be ready for when she and Dimitri are face to face again. Like all of Rose's plan, they are out of this world and crazy.

Spirit Bound is one roller coaster after the other. I always felt like I was trying to catch with Rose and the gang. I love that we got spend more with Rose and Lissa this time. Lissa, after spending the majority of the series being taken care of, is set on helping and being there for Rose. We also get more time with Eddie and Adrian, which is always fun. There is such a different contrast from the last book, Blood Promise, to now. Rose actually has help with her shenanigans and it interesting to see how everyone reacts to them. They always tends to hear about her crazy ideas after the act not while in play.

There's some plot points I don't want to talk about considering it a pretty big ones but I'll say that I had my heart in my throat so many times. I knew what I wanted to happen but I was worried because I wasn't sure how it would work out. But when it DID, I was over the moon. Of course, there was this issue that Rose (and me) hadn't counted on. Which is when my feels just about bubbled over. There is only so much a girl can take, you know. And I'm not even talking about that ending. THE ENDING. What the hell is going to happen? I mean, hello!

But seriously, if you're still reading this, I hope my ramblings somewhat made sense because I'm not sure if it did. I love this book and this series but I can never seem to control myself when talking about it. I always want to talk about the feels, the characters, the plot points, the romance, the action, the everything! I'm looking forward to Last Sacrifice but I'm sad that it'll be the end for the series. I've gotten quite attach to Rose and the gang.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...