Review: Waking up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly

Waking Up MarriedWaking up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly
Release Date: December 2012
Publisher: Harlequin KISS
Source: Personal Copy
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads

Rating: 2 stars out of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:
Her first thought: "Who are you?"
It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well - a funny, arrogant, sexy...husband!

Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible - been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter...no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!

Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?

"I don't want a divorce."

      I had some expectations before reading this book because of the premise but I just didn't end up loving it. At first glance, it looks very fun and fluffy and no drama read. However, right off the bat, all the snarky comments and little digs from the secondary characters towards the heroine, Megan, told me that there would be unnecessary drama. And I was right. After enduring all the mean barbs, I wanted to shake Megan and knock some sense into her and tell her she doesn't need to to take those comments. Being nice person doesn't mean you have to let people walk all over you.

When we meet Connor, I found him to be full of himself but I still found him attractive in his own way. However, as we learned more and more about him and his ways, I was put off my him. His insistence to Megan to be his wife, how good they'll be, and how they should sleep together as husband and wife even when Megan didn't want to, sort of rubbed me the wrong way. It felt as if Connor was pressuring Megan and he continued to push for what he wanted. He wanted everything from Megan: her body, her mind. But he wasn't willing to be fully honest with Megan.  

I thought that the "conflict" was totally blown out of proportions and it could have been handles a lot better. If both Megan and Connor would have been honest and talked about things and not have waited until they had "moved on", it could have been resolved in a much timely manner. It feel like the author only created conflict for the sake of it which is something I really hate in books. Unfortunately, this is why I can't rate this book any higher than 2 stars. The ending was somewhat sweet but Waking up Married is not something I'll read again nor recommend.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...