Mini Review: Crossing the Line by Katie McGarry

Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits #1.5) by Katie McGarry
Release Date: April 1, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Friend's Personal Copy
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads

My rating: 4 stars out of 5 stars

Summary: Katie McGarry captivated readers with her "riveting, emotional"*Young Adult debut, Pushing the Limits. In this gripping novella, she tells the story of Lila and Lincoln, who discover that sometimes it's worth crossing the line for love...

Lila McCormick, Echo's best friend from Pushing the Limits, first met Lincoln Turner when tragedy struck both their lives. But she never expected their surprise encounter would lead to two years of exchanging letters - or that she'd fall for the boy she's only seen once. Their relationship is a secret, but Lila feels closer to Lincoln than anyone else. Until she finds out that he lied to her about the one thing she depended on him for the most.

Hurting Lila is the last thing Lincoln wanted. For two years, her letters have been the only thing getting him through the day. Admitting his feelings would cross a line he's never dared breach before. But Lincoln will do whatever it takes to fix his mistakes, earn Lila's forgiveness - and finally win a chance to be with the girl he loves.

This is the cutest novella I have read in...forever. It was such a fun read that I was so disappointed when I finished. I became so invested in Lila's and Lincoln's story, that I wish we had gotten a full length novel instead.

I didn't really remember Lila from Pushing the Limits but I'm blaming the fact that it been a year since I read the book. However, getting to know Lila in her own story was fun. Although at times I found her fear of being home alone tiresome, I grew to like Lila and I could see why she is Echo's best friend.

One of the things that I love about Katie McGarry's work is that she does dual POVs. So getting a boy's point of view is always something I enjoy. I also love the way McGarry wrote Lila's and Lincoln's chemistry. She does teenagers really well. I look forward to reading more of McGarry's work.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...