Review: Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1)Infinite Days (Vampire Queen #1)
By Rebecca Maizel
Release Date: Aug. 3, 2010
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Source: Personal Copy
Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Goodreads / IndieBound

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Synopsis: "Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode.

But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.

I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...

         I first heard about this book through one of my bookish friends on Goodreads and after hearing her rave about how good and well written the book is, I decided to give this book a chance. I really enjoyed the book and found the concept of becoming human after being a vampire really unique. I haven't read or heard of books like it and found it to be a fun read.

Lenah Beaudonte was a vampire for almost 600 years and after becoming human again, gets a chance to be a normal teenager. While dealing with the loss of her mate, Lenah begins her new life and learns what it like to experience everything as a human. She soon meets Justin and is thrown his popular clique.

I found Lenah to be a really interesting protagonist and I loved whenever she had a flashback. I actually enjoyed those parts a lot more than the actual story and I which we had gotten more of them. Most of the time, I found myself rolling my eyes at all the cliches of high school and would skim ahead to an interesting part.

My favorite parts of Infinite Days was whenever Rhode was mentioned. His sacrificed for Lenah and how much he loves her, gah, totally left me gutted. I had all the feels when we learn of what he did for Lenah.

I was really surprised by how it ended, I so did not see that part coming. However, I was expecting the whole Vicken parts since he was given so much importance throughout the novel. I can't wait to read Stolen Nights.

2 comments :

  1. I am very intrigued. A vampire turned human, you don't get a lot of those plots. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhode. RHODE. so epic. Glad this was a fun read for ya, girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...