Waiting on Wednesday (#16)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spinethat spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Morning swooners!

This week pre-publication "can't wait to read" selection is:

Expected Release Date: February 5, 2013

Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1)

Goodreads Summary: It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea - and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right - but it's a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine's certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have rousing first year at school.

First in a four book YA series set 25 years before the Parasol Protectorate but in the same universe.

I first learn about this book from visiting another blog WoW post and I can't wait for this release! 

Link me in the comments with your WoW post.

4 comments :

  1. This looks interesting! I can't wait to read it.
    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! I actually just read the ARC of this one last week and it was pretty good! So exciting to have a prequel YA series and then she has her "Prudence" books coming out too! Not sure where those are going to fall though, YA or adult. I assume adult since she has this YA one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! I can’t wait to read this either! I had it as my WoW a few weeks ago.

    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for this! Why isn't it coming out sooner? Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...