Review: Let Me In by Callie Croix

Let Me In by Callie Croix

My Rating: 2.5 out of 5
Goodreads Rating: 2 out of 5

From Goodreads: "On leave for Thanksgiving, the last thing marine lieutenant Talia Barnett expects to find is Liam Brodie waiting for her at the airport. He's had a starring role in her fantasies for the past two years, and although she'd love to make them a reality, she has a dark secret that prevents her from taking things further.

A former marine, Liam's specialty is planning tactical operations, and that's just what he plans to do to win Talia. The woman has kept him at arm's length for too long, and this time he's finally going to claim her—body and heart.

What begins as comfort quickly turns hot. When Liam shows Talia a hint of the dominant nature inside him, the submissive part of her flares to life. Though she desires him, she's going back on deployment and doesn't want to dump all her drama on him. Will he find a way to break through the protective walls around her heart and convince her they have a future that goes far beyond the bedroom?"


     Now, I'm not really an erotica type of girl, but sometimes a girl just need some smut. I thought it would be a fun and quick read and it was. I was curious to find out about Talia and Liam from what the synopsis gave us and how long this attraction been going on. I'm also a sucker for those old-cliche of "I really like you but we can't or shouldn't" love stories. This story did not disappoint in that department. 
    
     When we are first introduced to Talia and Liam we can feel the attraction and sexual tension they have towards each other. And, let me tell you, Liam just sounds yummy. He is described as being well over six feet tall (hello!) with broad shoulders and dark-chocolate eyes. I like, I like.  

       Talia and Liam know each other because Talia is friends with Liam's sister, Angie. So, Talia has an attachment with Angie and the rest of the Brodie family. Hence, this is one of the reason why Talia keeps Liam at arms length and they haven't gotten together. The other reason is her own mother. I won't say anything else, so as not to spoil the book. 
     However, my reasons for this rating is the fact that Talia was not able to make up her mind and just kept going back and forth and playing with Liam's emotions. I can sympathize and empathize with Talia and her feelings of not being good enough for Liam and his family and just feeling insecure because of her family history, but after a while it just felt repetitive and irritating. Here we had Liam telling her and showing her how much he cares about her and how much she means to him and she just couldn't grasp it.  I can't handle that much indecision in one book for the same reason. 
     I definitely enjoyed the smexy times Liam and Talia shared.  I also swooned over the parts when Liam was being a sweetheart and cared for Talia like she deserves. Basically, Liam won me over in this book and made it salvageable for me. But I'll definitely be giving Ms. Croix's novellas another glance ;) Who knows if she hiding another Liam in her stories??

I am lucky and thankful that NetGalley and Carina Press allowed me to read this ebook before it release date of May 21, 2012. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for passing by and for commenting. I read and appreciate each and every comment.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...